La Parilla Tungsten Project – Mineral Processing Plant Design
Client/Asset owner: W Resources
Duration: Dec 2017 – Current
Scope Australia’s remit covered development of an overall mine site layout design of the La Parrilla project and completion of design of the crushing plant to facilitate procurement of earthworks and concrete works on a design and construct basis from a local Spanish constructor.
The plant will be fully constructed in stages with stage one incorporating one ROM dump station and one crushing and screening line. Subsequent stages will install an additional ROM dump station, additional crushers and an X-ray ore sorting plant. The plant layout and design is being developed to facilitate the implementation of subsequent stages. The scope of work included:
- Review of previous design documents developed during study phases to determine a suitable baseline for the project.
- Review design documents supplied by Metso and Allmineral (packaged plant).
- Development of a site plan that incorporates the following:
- Crushing plant.
- Jig plant.
- Wet concentrator plant.
- Tailings deposition.
- Site services.
- Service access roads.
- Site layout optimised to fit tight site geometry constraints with significant reduction in bulk earthworks.
- Detailed design and dynamic analysis of primary, secondary, tertiary crushing and screening facilities.
- Detailed design bins and hoppers.
- Layout, initial conveyor design and profile data sheets for procurement packages.