Project Maverick Iron Ore ECI feasibility studySERVICES USED: Engineering and design, Studies and project management, Project services
Client/Asset owner: Brockman Mining
Location: Pilbara, WA
Duration: May 2016 – Jul 2016
Scope Australia was engaged under a two-party, two-phase ECI process to undertake study management, engineering and cost estimating services to support the project’s developmental phase. The key outcome of Phase 1 of the ECI assignment was to develop a basis of mining operations, mineral processing and materials handling solution; and associated supporting balance of plant infrastructure upon which to develop a -15% / +30% CAPEX/OPEX and project execution plan.
Upon successful completion of Phase 1, Brockman will select the preferred ECI party to progress to Phase 2 of the ECI and finalise engineering from which to commence construction of the project.
Scope Australia teamed with MACA under an alliance structure to provide a turnkey full-project solution for Brockman. MACA’s responsibility centered on the mining operations, with Scope Australia being responsible for the process plant and overall coordination of the balance of plant and associated supporting infrastructure.
Key engineering aspects of the services focused on the proposed mine and associated infrastructure, including:
- Development of a preliminary project basis of design
- Metallurgical test work review
- High level process control philosophy and supporting mass and water balance
- Process flowsheet and PFDs
- Process plant design
- Supporting infrastructure design including tailings storage, arterial roads and plant bulk earthworks, power generation; water supply treatment, storage and distribution, waste water treatment philosophy; and accommodation and mine services buildings.
- Cost estimating (CAPEX and OPEX) and scheduling