Redevelopment of Toxfree Kwinana Industrial FacilitiesSERVICES USED: Engineering and design, Studies and project management, Project services
Client/Asset owner: Toxfree
Location: Kwinana, WA
Duration: Jun 2015 – ongoing
Scope Australia was engaged by Toxfree to provide project management, engineering advice and subsequent detailed design services to develop industrial facilities located in Kwinana. The scope of work included investigation of different design options to support construction cost and schedule estimates, with the ultimate solution adopted for subsequent detailed design.
The design included:
- Detailed site inspection
- Plan demolition, removal and relocation of existing structures and facilities
- Detailed earthworks modelling
- Redesign of the asphalt pavement with impermeable HDPE liner
- Design of a new dangerous goods building
- Surface runoff management and stormwater detention system design
- Structural design
- Hydraulic and mechanical services design
- Electrical and communication system design
The project involved working closely with the client, fire engineers and dangerous goods consultants as part of an integrated team to ensure the design was developed using cost effective construction methods and materials whilst maintain compliance with the statutory requirements.
Upon completion of the design remit, Scope Australia’s services were extended to cover project and construction management services, with responsibility for preparing and securing statutory approvals (planning and building licenses), preparation of tender packages and construction bid evaluations, awarding of works to the selected contractor(s) and subsequent supervision of site construction activities.